To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 15, 2015

Tuesday Randoms

Have you visited Groopdealz this morning?
If not, you should. They posted tons of Halloween and Fall goodies and it gets my Halloween gears grinding! 

Annually I host Halloween family night at my sisters home. This tradition has been around before Cadence was even born and it has been one I have carried on for years since. 
Now, it's just more fun with her enjoying the festivities.

We play games, do a scavenger hunt, eat Halloween themed treats, and then we head out and go trick-or-treating. Once we get back to my sisters, we sit outside, enjoy the crisp weather and hand out candy to the local neighborhood kids. 

Cadence has already started discussing Halloween costumes. She normally wants to be something princessy, so I was ecstatic to hear that this year she wanted to be a vampire. :)

This makes my Halloween loving heart so proud! 
God didn't choose my October birthday for nothing, he knew what he was doing :)

//

We went and visited my mom last night in the hospital and her spirits were up, which I loved seeing. She was just as sassy as ever, and if you knew my mom, she is a mile a minute when she talks, walks, basically anything my mom does in life, she does it quick, so when I walked in her room last night and noticed that she was talking up a storm, it made my heart so happy. The doctors are even talking about releasing her today, which would be wonderful, and if that happens, it would be her quickest hospital stay to date, so please keep those prayers coming!

//

My extensions came in yesterday and I'm loving them. With other clip in extension brands, I've always had to tease a little piece of hair for the extension to grab hold of, with Bellami, you don't, they just clip right in. I went with the 160 gram, 20" Bellami Bambina extensions in the color "off black" and the color is identical to my hair color, so I was so happy with that. 

The 20" is a bit too long for my personal preference. Going from right above the boob to 5 inches below the boob, although natural looking, just isn't my style, so I have an appointment with my hair dresser to take off an inch or two and blend the extensions better with my real hair, which is what I have always done with clip in extensions, and something I highly suggest, it just makes the extensions look more natural in my opinion. 


The rest of the hair got cropped out, but it goes way longer than pictured and I'm loving the volume it provides!

//

Are you ever scared that you're going to become a meme? I am! Anytime I do something odd, I think to myself, is someone snapping pictures of me right now and later going to turn me into a meme?

I sure hope not, but with that being said...


'tis true...leggings are great, with long shirts that cover up yo ass!
What is it Todd Chrisley says? Class not ass!

//

I am ecstatic that our NY trip is finally upon us, well in a few days that is, but seriously I cannot wait to be back in the city, there truly is no place like the big apple! I am starting to get a sour stomach though, which is the same thing I did last time when we went back in March. Basically, and TMI I know, but I start vomiting and just feel un-easy all the time. It's nerves for the upcoming plane ride and as soon as we land I'm fine, I'm also fine on the plane ride home, it's just that plane ride going that sucks! I have a great collaboration post coming for you on Friday, so make sure you stay tuned!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger