To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 11, 2015

Never Forget.



I could watch this video 100x and never get tired of it. 
Without one word spoken, it speaks a thousand!
May we never forget what happened on this day, 14 years ago.

I will keep the families affected by this horrible tragedy in my thoughts and prayers today.
I ask that you do the same. 

//

So long story short, my hair has quit growing. I was looking through Facebook memories and this time last year my hair was the exact same length. I'm not exaggerating either. Between the heat damage and split ends and my hair being so thick, thus heavy, it just has kinda stopped growing. A few years ago I had clip in hair extensions and loved them. It was great having extra length when I wanted it, especially for date nights or special events when I felt like curling my hair and having a more voluminous look. At the same time my hair was to my shoulders and pretty short, so the extensions worked great. Eventually my hair grew to where it is now, and that was the same length of my extensions, so I had no more need for them. 

Yesterday, I broke down and ordered some more clip in extensions. I've been eyeing them after months and months of YouTube videos on them, reading thousands of reviews, etc.

I went with the Bellami Bambina 20" hair extensions and I cannot wait for them to come in!

Bambina 160g 20'' Off Black (1B)

Bambina 160g 20'' Off Black (1B)

What I loved was their fast response. I wasn't sure if I was Jet Black or Off Black, so I emailed them a picture of my hair (in natural sunlight) and within an hour someone replied back to me and told me what color choice would be best, which was off black by the way. 

I know these look super long, but my hair on my back side goes right to my bra line, so I wanted to make sure I got extensions with a lot of length to benefit my purchase. 

//

Faves for the week...







//

I'm loving Mr. Ben Carson!


I mean, those words are on point!

//

Happy Friday folks! This time next week I'll be in the big apple!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger