To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 25, 2015

friday five

With fall now officially upon us, these are perfect (and free) to frame and display.

//

Did you miss my New York City trip recap?
Girl go read that thing (click the pic to take you to the post)!


//

I have a love-hate relationship with booties. I purchased my first pair two years ago from Target and love the way they looked while sitting on their little shelf display. I adore all the booties I constantly see on websites, in stores and even on blogs, however, I hate the way they look on me.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Am I not wearing them properly?

Are my ankles too thin? Too big? I don't get it. 

I've paired them with boyfriend jeans. Standard jeans rolled up a bit. Skirts. Dresses. You name it, I've tried it and still it just doesn't suit me. 

Maybe I just purchased a pair that doesn't suit me. I may bite the bullet and try another pair, these are post worthy!







//

Lately I've been wanting to change our front door. It's your typical plain white entry door and quite frankly I'm over it. Front doors can be quite pricey, and that's not something that is in our budget right now. With that being said I've heard wonders about gel stain and after seeing this picture...


...I may have to take the plunge. 

//

It's Friday and I'm so happy that the weekend is here. We didn't get home last Sunday until almost 9pm from New York and than I had to un-pack and get up at 6:30 the next morning for work. I need to catch up on some much needed sleep so bring on the cozy jammies and turn off that alarm!



xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger