To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 17, 2013

7 minutes in Heaven



I'm sure each of you has heard the game 7 Minutes in Heaven. It's mostly played at tween parties with your 13 year old friends. If you're not familiar it's where two people are chosen to go in a closet together and do whatever, mostly PG13 type stuff...
 
 
...as an adult it has a completely new meaning to me. My alarm clocks goes off bright and early at 6:40 each morning, and the snooze button goes off in increments of 7 minutes. Those 7 minutes are pure bliss and I love them. Amazing!
 
**********
 
I have always wanted to go on a road trip. The fact that my nephew is doing one right now, all the way across country to California, doesn't make it any easier for me. I've always dreamed of taking a week or two off of work, traveling out West and seeing all the sights. Wouldn't it be amazing? To see so many different places that you've dreamed of or read about.
 
12 Road Trip Essentials You Can't Drive Without | GirlsGuideTo
via
 
Weekend Roundup | Summer Road Trip
via
Prepare for Summer Road Trips in Style
via
 
Sarajo Frieden - Road trip map of USA
via
 
To-Do List for the Road Trip:
 
Air Boat in the Louisiana Bayou
Real Rodeo in Texas
Grand Canyon in Arizona
Dip my toes in the Pacific and cruise Los Angeles
Vegas - need I say more?
Meet Kellan Kyle in Seattle!
 
**********
 
 It's Hump Day!
 

 
xo
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger