To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 3, 2013

Happy 4th Y'all



I'm not going to make this a super long post, just a simple thank you to all branches of our military, past and present, who have fought for the freedom that we take for granted every single day.
 
I pray that this 4th of July, and every day there after, we wake up to realize that we are privileged and blessed to be living in America, it's not something to take lightly.
 
I plan to spend my 4th of July in my cowboy boots, watching fireworks with family and friends.
 
 
 
America...
My country tis of thee! (52 photos) : : theCHIVE

One Nation Under God.
Lee Greenwood lyrics..... Must say-this song will be my all time favorite !

...and yes, I will tear up during this song while watching fireworks.

God bless!




1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger