To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 8, 2013

Catch Up




Sami's Shenanigans


Is it just me, or did that 4 day weekend go by in a day?
 
Regardless of how quickly the weekend flew by, we had a blast!

I'm not going to bore you with every single detail, instead I'll share some pics...





 
Some of the greatest memories I have of my childhood, are of my dad taking me fishing. So my husband and I are trying to make some of those same memories for our daughter and she loves it.
 
Throughout the 4 day weekend, we came to this little coastal pier twice. We absolutely love it.
The view is amazing, and the pier is just high enough over the water, that even in the summer heat, you manage to stay cool. There are steps to go down onto the bank of the river for you to fish, crab, or in our case, look for "sharks teeth".
 
We caught over a dozen crabs, talk about a fresh lunch. Served with corn, sausage and an arugala salad...delish!
 
To get to the pier you have to travel down a mile long dirt road, surrounded with oak and pine trees, with nothing but the river and marsh surrounding you. It's simply breathtaking.
 
We are having our family portraits done there next weekend, I can't wait!
 
**************
 
So as I have said before in previous posts, my type of book is Erotic, Trashy, Romance...what can I say, it is what it is.
 
Well if you liked 50 Shades of Grey, you've already read the Crossfire Series, then you should read the Thoughtless series by S. C. Stephens. I'm halfway through the first book (there are 3 in the series) and I am loving it so far.
 
Off to catch up with work stuff...
 
 
 
 


1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger