To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 23, 2013

Fall Y'all



This morning I woke up, brushed my teeth, slapped some makeup on my face, plugged my straightener in, and while waiting for that bad boy to warm up, went to find my work clothes for the day....
 
...there they were, my slim fit khakis. I know what you're thinking, khakis? Like back to school uniform khakis? Yes, but the way I like to dress them up, completely transforms them for me. There is nothing like putting on my khakis, along with my tall brown fall boots. In my eyes, topped with a nice blouse, it's a complimentary work outfit. Alas, it's  a fall look, and mid-July I don't think I could pull it off...ugh!
 
I am so ready for fall. It's my all time favorite part of the year. Crisp cool mornings followed by perfect 75 degree afternoon weather. Bonfires, Carolina football, sweaters, and more.
 
Can't wait...
 


1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger