To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 1, 2013

Weekend



Sami's Shenanigans
 
There wasn't much to do on Friday, so let's just skip on over to Saturday, where I slept in until 11. I was so very thankful that the hubs let me sleep in 'til that time and I haven't slept in that late since I was pregnant, and no, I'm not pregnant now, just exhausted, apparently.
 
Saturday our town had this huge fireworks show. So after we had a day at the pool, we headed into town and watched them.
 

 
I have zero pictures of the fireworks, because I was too busy enjoying them. They are just beautiful. However, I did post a video to instagram, so go follow :)
 
Yesterday was a lazy day and we grilled late afternoon. No makeup and hair in a bun, snuggling with my main squeeze...
 
 
...I have always wanted green eyes ever since I can remember, but that's the one thing I tell myself about having brown eyes, it looks like I have on eyeliner, I don't, thank goodness for thick eyelashes, otherwise I would have cropped myself out!
 
I finished another book on my Summer reading list, Something Blue. I know these books by Emily Giffin have been out forever, but I have never got around to reading that one. Let me just say, I hope they make a movie about this one too. I loved it!
 
Let me get a big "woot woot" for a 3 day work week!
 
Holla!
 
 
 


1 comment

  1. I said the same thing about Something Blue! I loved that one!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger