To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 15, 2013

Weekend Catch Up



Sami's Shenanigans
 
 
Most of the weekend was spent relaxing, reading, and sitting underneath the porch, watching it rain, because that's pretty much, what it did, all weekend long. So much so that our family pictures we had planned for Sunday, had to get cancelled. Not to mention our photographer is mucho preggers
so our little photo session has to be held off until Fall.
 
Glass half full thinking - Fall is my favorite time of the year, so that's OK!
Patience is a virtue!
 
For Mother's Day, my little family takes my mom out to dinner. I look forward to it because it's great one on one time for the 3 in my family, to get to spend with her. Well Mother's Day was a while back, but we got to finally treat her this weekend.
 
 
Of course I get 0 pictures of my mom and I, too busy engulfing the delicious Italian food at Carrabba's, but I did manage to snap some random ones!


 
The tilapia was delicious!

 
On the ride home, amidst all the rain, we saw a beautiful rainbow!
 
 
Throughout the weekend we looked through old pictures. This is the hubs and I during our dating years. My dad had taken us fishing, it was one of the first times we fished together. It's amazing to see the transformation we have made, both physically and emotionally. In my opinion both of us look completely different now.
 
 
If you've not read before, we pretty much live on a farm with my dads chickens running around. Well the hen hatched six beautiful baby chicks over the weekend. They are so precious!
 

 
I may get some heat for this, but I am not a cat person, however Pearl, the newest member of our family, is slowly, but surely, convincing us otherwise. She is so fluffy and playful, and the Princess adores her!

 
My little brother nephew and his friends are on a two week road trip visiting California. He sent me this pic yesterday of the Pacific ocean. As of yesterday they arrived in Los Angeles, and from what I gather are spending a few days there before traveling upstate California to see more. I am SO jealous and immediately sent him a text telling him to pick me up at LAX, I've yet to hear a response!
Hmm..?
 
 
Now I see why there are so many surfers in California, look at those waves! Here on the East coast, we do not have waves like that, and when we do there's normally a hurricane at see.
 
**********
 
I have a HUGE question for all of you and need your opinion. My uncle lives in Boston, MA. I have never been further than Tennessee, and have always wanted to see the beautiful streets of Boston. He is asking that the family come up to him for Thanksgiving, since we rarely see each other due to distance. For certain reasons my mom, nor my husband can go. My aunt and her two grown sons, who live in Florida are driving up, and as of yet, no one else I know of is going in my immediate family, which leads me to this question...essentially I would have to fly by myself. I have never, in my life, been in a plane before and am terrified at the thought. Once I got to Boston I would be with my aunt, so it's not like I'd have to parade around the streets by myself, but the thought of flying alone, scares me to death - call me a chicken shit, I know!
 
So, would you go to a place you've always wanted to see, even if you had to travel 16 hours alone?
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments

  1. First off your daughter is beautiful! Second, when my husband and I were dating he was working in LA and I hopped on my first flight ever alone and flew to Los Angeles. It was honestly fun. It was very relaxing. I watched movies, looked out the window and even had a great nap! (The flight back I was stuck in the middle between two foreigners and it wasn't so great) But I would highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm definitely considering it :)

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of you and husband from way back then!
    I love looking at old pictures. It always brings back memories :)

    I think you should be brave and go!
    I would have the exact same concerns, traveling by myself.
    But I think it's a special opportunity and I think you wouldn't regret it once you got past your fear of traveling by yourself. :)
    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at old pics are always great - thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I def. suggest that you go! I mean the trip will be well worth it bc you will be able to see somewhere you really want to go! Looks like you had a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger