To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 22, 2013

Weekend Recap

 
 
Sami's Shenanigans
 
Friday night the hubs and I went and watched my bro-in-laws band play at a local bar in the Lowcountry. It was a perfect summer southern night spent with friends. We went with another couple and had a good time. We ate at my fave restaurant (since I made the plans) even though other's in the group didn't like it...oh well #OliveGarden
 
As usual, dinner was delicious. We had some time to spare prior to the band starting so we hit up the outlet stores, where I picked up a wristlet for the ole iPhone...basically you have your phone where you can still see whose calling or texting, but it's kept safely inside a case, along with your cash, cards, ID, etc...it definitely came in handy, except for when, after 3 Vodka Cranberry's in, I couldn't figure out why taking pictures were so dark. Duh! Open up the case before taking a pic!
Everyone at the table, myself included, had a good laugh.
 


 
Saturday morning we headed to the library and turned in the Princesses book list, which is basically a list of books she has read over the Summer. She completed her list, got her name on the wall, and her prize. She was so excited!

 
Saturday evening the hubs went to a work get-together with the guys and the Princess and I headed over to my parents for some QT and picture book flipping...check out this pic of me and my dad.
 
It snowed in SC, can you believe it?!

 
Sunday we spent relaxing, swimming at the pool, and finding out that our new kitten Pearl, is in fact, a boy. Princess came up with the new name all by herself, Hunter. Hunter will still continue to wear his pink collar. Real Men Wear Pink, right?
 
xo
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger