To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 31, 2013

You know what day it is...




Yes, it's hump day, which means...
 
 
• Our little town was dead last night, and I use the term dead seriously, because if you believe in that zombie crap, you would have been freaking out! I couldn't help but snap a quick picture. There were no cars on the road, no cars at any of the grocery stores, no cars at any restaurants. I seriously considered calling the hubs on the drive through town to make sure there wasn't some plague I hadn't heard about yet!
 
 
 
• My mom is doing fabulous! Praise God always, in all ways! Unfortunately I live in the real world where I have to work for a living (it's a shame) so I can't be at the hospital all the time, but thank goodness for FaceTime I got to talk to her first thing this morning. She was awake, giddy, and talking!
 
 
Yes, I was doing some major cheesing, but I was just so darn happy to see a smile on her face!
 
• That moment when you are so sad at the loss of someone you have never even met...Kidd Kraddick
I have listened to Kidd for years, all throughout high school, into my 20s. I am at such a loss of words for how sad and emotional it is. It's amazing to hear the outpouring of messages on his FaceBook page, and the Kidd Kraddick website. He has touched a lot of lives.
 
• This Christmas I want to "foster" a family if you will. I would like to buy toys for their children, maybe buy mom and dad some much needed items (i.e. toiletries, shaving cream). Is there a website or charity that anyone is familiar with for me to do this?
 
• I have realized this past weekend, that my obsession with pink is ridiculous and I may need to seek help for it. I went to Victoria's Secret and bought two new shirts, both pink. Ordered a clutch online, yep, you guessed it pink...it has to stop.
 
• My aunt who lives in Florida, is coming up this weekend to visit with us and see her sister, my mom. I am beyond excited as I haven't seen her in months.
 
• My little family is going out tonight with another little family for dinner. It's these little things that keep me sane, speaking to other adults who aren't my husband. It grounds me, I think everyone needs this from time to time.
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 31, 2013

    You might check with your local school to find a family in need. When I was teaching, our guidance counselors would always put together an "Angel Tree" with families in our school that needed help. They had to apply for it, and our counselors knew the families well, so they made sure the families really needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm so excited I found your blog through the Mid-Week Random's link up!!! My name is Miranda, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger