To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 30, 2013

Been There, Baked That {Pinterest}



For years I have been pinning delicious looking treats on my "Yum" board to Pinterest.
Over the weekend, with mom being in the hospital and me needing a much needed sweet fix, I went to the Pinterest board and started baking. With my weekend bake fest and items I've done in the past I figured I'd share with you what was worth baking and what was worth deleting off of Pinterest...
 
So easy and cute! Square pretzels, Hugs and Valentine M 200 degree oven for 3-4 minutes!
These are pretty good for a simple, sweet snack, however the m&m is overkill for me, as I am not a chocoholic like some. But the mixture of salt and sugar is amazing!
 
Dangerously easy-to-make French crullers. It's like eating delicious air.
The above is a recipe for French Cruellers with a honey glaze on top.
These were absolutely amazing! I will definitely bake these again, however, the batter was not thick enough, for me, to pipe them into the beautiful design above, so instead I spoon dropped them into the hot oil and drizzled with the honey glaze. It was like eating a delicious cloud!
 
Mac 'n Cheese
 
I have yet to find a recipe for a good mac-n-cheese. Hence the word yet, granted this could be user error, but it came out way to gritty, overall, no bueno!
 
Crockpot cube steak that will melt in your mouth . . . . .
Crockpot Cubed Steak in gravy, has become part of our weekly meal plan. I am so glad that I found this recipe, it's absolutely delicious served over rice or mashed potatoes.
 
Cream cheese and sugar mints aka angel bites. These are so easy to make and are delicious...can make in holiday colors!
Cream Cheese & Sugar Mints is a recipe that I have been dying to try for a while, however, I should have just deleted. They are far too sweet, and if you don't coat them in the granulated sugar at the end, they have a strong cream cheese taste to them. I'm glad I tried, but I won't make them again.
 
The newest camping dessert! Strawberries dipped in marshmallow fluff and then roasted over a campfire
This is simple. You coat a strawberry into marshmallow fluff and then scorch until you burn the marshmallow, delicious? Absolutely. But even better is mixing a block of cream cheese with an entire can of marshmallow fluff, using that as a fruit dip for strawberries, or any type of fruit! Amazing!
 
This was also pinned to my "yum" board...
 
Jake Owen <3
...there are no words! :)
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments

  1. This post made me hungry! I hope your Mom is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trying new recipes on Pinterest.
    Half of them are terrible, but still fun to try.
    Maybe I'm the one that makes them terrible cause you found a lot of good ones. :P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger