To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 10, 2013

Liebster Award



So the lovely Lauren at Peach State of Mind
gave me a Liebster award!
 
 
 
Go check out her blog, it's just as cute and sweet as she is!
 
Onto the award...
 
 

 
THE RULES

1) Link back to the blog that nominated you
2) Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3) Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4) Share 11 random facts about yourself
5) Create 11 questions for your nominees
6) Contact your nominees and let them know that you nominated them
 
 
 
The Questions...


1. What do you do for a living?

I sell high end windows and doors for custom built homes. It sounds pretty boring, but selling one door for $20,000.00 and seeing the multi-million dollar mansions is pretty amazing! I am a huge real estate junkie and love looking at the exterior and interior of a home, layout, and all. So to me, it's amazing. I have the most laid back boss, who is a pleasure to not only work with, but to communicate with. He jokes and it makes my job a lot easier and more interesting than your normal 9 - 5!


2. What made you start blogging?

I used to blog back in the day. In that time frame my mom began to have a lot of health issues. I took down my blog and focused on my family, getting my mom back to a healthier state along with my siblings and dad, and establishing my career.

3. If you could give any tip about blogging, what would it be?

Be yourself. I know this is such a cliché saying, but there are so many bloggers out there that post about their $3,000.00 handbags and $500.00 shoes. That's great, but these same bloggers only comment and socialize about other bloggers with over 2000 followers. That's not me. I'm going to comment on a post when that post touches me, or I felt the blogger wrote something worth commenting on, whether that person has 1 or 1 million followers makes no difference to me.

4. What is your favorite food?

Italian, hands down!

5. What is your favorite thing to do doing your spare time?

I love photography, but I'm very passionate about writing. It can be about any and everything. Some things I keep personal to myself, and other things I get published in my local newspaper. Just depends...

6. Do you have any pets? If so, what?

Unless you count my neighbors chickens, no. But I'm feigning for a little pug!

7. Can you tell us about one of your favorite childhood memories?

Hunting and fishing with my dad surpasses any memory I have of my childhood. My dad is 67 years old. My mom and him did not have me until they were in their 40s. I was definitely unexpected, so for him to be patient and spend time with me doing what he considered his relaxing time, well needless to say it's very bittersweet. It's definitely a memory that will get you when you look back!

8. Where do you see yourself in five years?

Hopefully in five years I am an extremely established window and door office coordinator, making bank on commission and sales, debt free in my dream home. Alas, this is a fantasy, but as long as my family is healthy and happy, I'm beyond blessed!

9. What is your favorite Holiday and why?

Christmas, every time I will choose Christmas. I don't think this needs an explanation, but I will tell you every year on December 26th I cry because it's over. For reals!

10. What kind of music do you like listening to and who is your favorite artist?

Um, hello - JAKE OWEN! Country music all day, every day, however I am open to some light rock and some catchy pop songs, just depends on my mood, but mostly country or southern rock!

11. If you could pick one place to live for the rest of your life, where would you pick?

Hmm...I'll stay right here :)



The facts...

1 - I have an addiction to reality TV
2 - I wish Christay Grey, Kellan Kyle, and Gideon Cross were real
3 - My all time favorite food is Chili's Southwest Egg Rolls
4 - Sometimes I smoke a cigarette, only sometimes - shhh!!
5 - I just purchased my first brand new ever car and I've already had to take it to the dealer 6x - can we say lemon?! Ugh...
6 - I hate tomatoes!
7 - I am a hopeless romantic, it's aggravating at times!
8 - I want to go to New York to vacation so bad it's all I think about, and weekly I go to Orbitz or Expedia to see how much it's going to cost.
9 - The hubs has no desire to go to NY, which leaves me going by myself when I do end up going, maybe Gideon Cross can show me around? ;)
10 - I have 7 tattoos, a C behind one ear, and a T behind another. A small sunshine on the back of my neck, a moon/star on my front hip, a tribal butterfly as my tramp stamp (how original!), a flower on my backside, a heart on my wrist, and I'm dying to get an anchor!
11 - I'm addicted to tattoos and instagram, if you haven't noticed!

I loved Laurens questions, so let's reuse them, and I give this award to anyone who wants it, just comment and let me know you did so, so I can go and look at your answers.

xo








 

5 comments

  1. You did a great job! I loved reading yours and getting to know you better :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and ill go to NYC with you because I want to go and my fiancé refuses. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl I am right there with you about Christian Grey and Gideon Cross although I am not sure who that Kellan fella is I may have to meet him soon! lol And coming from someone who has been to New York, it is really overrated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Thoughtless series by S. C. Stephens and it is great. I finished the first book yesterday and am starting the 2nd one today. I've heard similar things about NY, and then I've heard it was fantastic, regardless, I wanna go... :)

      Delete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger