To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 23, 2013

Did you hear that?!



The title of this post is the most cliché thing that people say in a scary movie while out camping, drinking, laughing, and 99% of the time in scary movies the girls are half naked or some "bow chicka wow wow" is about to happen, am I right?
Well my friends, that will be me this weekend, without the scary movie "Did you hear that?" part.
My brother-in-law and sis have spent two years building their little cabin perched back on 17 acres that they are going to use solely for camping and day trips with the family. It is beyond beautiful and after two long years it's finally finished! What is the best way to break it in? Finding a sitter for the kids, buy some beer and burgers, and camp out...duh!
The hubs and I went over there yesterday to finish with some last minute touches that
Billy (bro-in-law) needed help with. Naturally, that's when I took some pics for moi blog.


Panorama of the Pond

The Cabin in the Woods

The Cookout Shed


Kids Play Area/Deer Stand
What I love most about the cabin and all the little add-ons is the fact that every single thing is hand built and made. Including the swing that overlooks the pond. Billy did not hire a contractor, have plans drawn, nothing. He just simply started building, and with help here and there, it turned out so cute if I do say so myself.
*****
Remember that koozie I said I purchased from Target? Well did I mention it was Halloween themed, and only $1? I'm in love...

I guarantee you, this witch will have some brew in this koozie this weekend while camping!

*****
I was on one of my favorites websites yesterday, Etsy, which always gets me in trouble, because I end up hearting at least a dozen shops, and from that point purchasing something. Surprise, surprise I ended up buying Cadence a Thanksgiving bow to go along with her Turkey Day outfit.
Thanksgiving Fall Bow Fluffy Stacked Boutique Bow with Glitter Pumpkin Center
via
How cute is this? Click the link to purchase for your little one...
Happy Hump Day everyone!

4 comments

  1. Ooo I love camping! That outfit is to die for your little beauty will look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh..I have a love hate relationship with camping. I love it but the mosquitoes HATE me. BIG time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I am jealous, but I live in the forest everyday so I shouldn't be. Love that koozie, super cute!
    ~Krista
    kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute bow :) If only my little boy was a girl lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger