To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 16, 2013

Midweek Randoms



Last night I baked the infamous 2 ingredient Pumpkin Bread that has been bouncing around blog land, and all I can say is wow...it truly is cheap, easy and delish!
1 Box of Spice Cake Mix
1 Can of Pumpkin Puree (in the can)
Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes in a Non-Stick Sprayed bread pan.
Voila...


I thought about adding some cinnamon in the mix to give it that extra kick, but I didn't, thank goodness I didn't either because there is enough cinnamon and allspice in the spice cake mix that this recipe needs absolutely no changing. If you like the taste of cinnamon, pumpkin, and fall flavors, you will love this! Cost $3, feeds 10-15. Definitely on my Thanksgiving Baking List.

***

If you have not heard Charlie Hunnam pulled out of the roll of Christian Grey. His reasoning? He didn't want to turn into a huge celeb like Robert Pattinson. #GiveMeABreak

Needless to say Charlie has pissed this white girl off! Don't get me wrong, I love him in Sons of Anarchy, but I was not feeling him for the role of Christian. I'm mad however because 50 Shades has a release date for August 2014, and due to his little pouting session and pulling out of the role, it will now be held up...Universal has a list of 4 actors that will replace Charlie as Christian:

Alexander Skarsgard
Theo James
Jamie Dornan
Christian Cooke

TBH - I have only heard of the first, Alexander, and that is because I watch True Blood. I have never heard of the last three and had to Google their faces this morning. I'm pulling for Alex...

***

The husband and I always do Christmas big. It's something we've done since our first Christmas together. We always make Christmas lists for one another, and here are some items on mine...

New York. It's no secret NY is my dream vacation. NY has been on my Christmas list for many years and it's a very impractical gift to give. Airline Tickets alone are outrageously expensive for our budget, but a girl can dream.

Naked Palette 2 by Urban Decay. I received the original Naked Palette last year and love it. I have used this palette daily since last Christmas and still have plenty of shades left to use, but I love the colors in the 2nd palette too.

Watch. I rarely wear watches. In fact hubs bought me one about 6 years ago and I think I have only worn it twice. It now has a dead battery and is stored in my jewelry box, but it's not really a watch I loved. However, have you seen the Michal Kors watches? Love!

Michael Kors Hobo Tote. Need I say more?

Chihuahua. Yes, this is on my list. I used to have a Chihuahua, Macy, that I had for several years and loved her dearly. When Cadence was born though Macy started barking relentlessly. Outside, inside, well fed and watered, it didn't matter. I took her to the vet to see if there was anything wrong, and they couldn't find one.single.thing. All the vet said was sometimes when their is a major change in a dog's life after they have had several years of routine, they can become very upset and vent it out by barking. Well it became such an issue because sleep is precious when you have a newborn, and let's face it, you can't sleep with a dog barking non-stop. So Macy had to go. She went to a friend of the family, and I have wanted another Chihuahua ever since.

What's on your Christmas list?




1 comment

  1. I am going to try that pumpkin bread ASAP! This is the first time I've heard about it but it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger