To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 22, 2013

Life's Little Moments



It's certain moments in our lives that we take in so much that it is forever stamped into our souls. Sometimes it's a sunset, a wedding day, obviously the day you give birth to your children. We have so many throughout our entire lives that you think you're going to run out of memory to hold them all, but somehow you don't. Last night, when I least expected it, Cadence gave me one of those little moments, and lucky me snapped it on camera. We were snuggled up in our PJs, makeup and bra free, relaxed in sweats with crazy hair (hers included) lying belly down on the opposite side of the bed watching "Quints by Surprise". (It's a show that used to come on a couple years ago, and we both love it. She calls it the "crazy baby show" because with 6 kids all under the age of 10 running around the house it's crazy.) We were giggling and eating our peeps, when I looked over and captured the most innocent of smiles. It almost brought a tear to my eye to see her so happy enjoying the moment that just the two of us shared.



Annually our local bakery comes out with the most amazing pumpkin cheesecake that I have ever tasted in my entire life. It is in the store through November and December and then no more until the next year. Monday - Friday I go in and grab my coffee and finally I saw it, the pumpkin cheesecake, that I have waited over a year to taste!


This little baby didn't let me down, oh em yum!

During my lunch break today I ventured off to Target to get some goodies I've been eyeing for some time. Essie's "For the Twill of It", Sally Hansen's Advanced Hard as Nails, and possibly an impulse purchase garnet colored sweater and a Halloween koozie to add to my growing collection.

For the Twill of It is still up in the air for me. I like it one minute and don't the next. I love neutral colors, nudes, whites, grays, etc. For the Twill of It has hints of green and purple in the mix so I'm still undecided on the color, but adore the shine that it has in the coat. I only had to apply one coat, not two or three like I do when I have pale grays or nudes, so that was a definite plus.

I gave myself an at work manicure on the last 10 minutes of my break with the Hard as Nails polish applied over my nail lacquer, not only had it dried my entire manicure within just a few minutes, but I can already notice a difference with my paper thin nails! Definitely a purchase worth making.

I also purchased Sally Hansen's Kwik Off Moisturizing Nail Polish Remover with Vitamin E and Aloe and am absolutely sold on this product. Not only did it take off my vibrant pink polish with no red or pink tint left on my nails, but it left my finger tips feeling silky smooth like I had just coated them with lotion, unlike other polish removers. It also smells like lotion and does not at all have that strong polish remover stench to it.

Any good finds on your end lately? Do share!





2 comments

  1. Seriously, that picture of Cadence! Oh my word, most precious thing ever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is also about the little moments that we miss a lot of the time.
    It makes my heart happy that you caught one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger