To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 25, 2013

Product Spotlight



Let me first start out by saying that I am not getting paid or getting free goodies out of posting this on my blog, I am just simply sharing some awesome finds with friends :)
I was always the type of person to never wash my face at night, I'd only wash my face with the rest of my body when I was in the shower or bath, with regular soap. I rarely used makeup remover, needless to say I treated my skin horribly. In all honesty though, I have been super Blessed with healthy skin regardless of my not so good facial treatment. I am just not the type of girl to splurge on expensive makeup, primers, makeup brushers, etc...so by 9pm the makeup was usually off anyways.
In the past few months I have noticed a drastic change in my face. My skin dries out terribly, or either feels super oily, which then produces those nasty pimples blemishes. (I hate the word pimple!)
It was then I decided that I would start a nightly facial regime to ensure that I continue to have healthy glowing skin. I have tried several things from local drug stores, and although it had built in lotions and exfoliants it would break my face out like a 13 year old kid. I'm assuming some of the products inside of those cleaners were harsh on my face.
Let's face it, when it comes to products in general, it's all trial and error...well I finally found what works for me and I wanted to share!
Remember when I went to Florida? Well my sweet aunt bought me the most amazing silky $35 makeup brush. I am the type of girl who buys the E.L.F $1 brushes from Target, but I can honestly say it makes a huge difference in putting on my eye shadow. Anyways, by spending over $30 I got some free Lancôme moisturizer and oh my word it's fantastic!
Every night before bed I scrub my face with Apricot Scrub.
DG Body Medicated Apricot Scrub - 6 oz - Dollar General
via
Yes it is from Dollar General and it works great! It exfoliates perfectly and gets rid of all the excess oils from my face. Trust me when I tell you, for me, it works just as good as the name brands.
Now onto the free goodies I received my purchasing the makeup brush...
After I exfoliate with the Apricot Scrub, I dry my face with a hand towel and apply
Bienfait Multi-Vital Night by Lancôme on my face, excluding my eye lid and under eye area. Using clean hands I rub into my face. A little goes a very long way, so I imagine this tube will last me minimum 6 months. I've been using ever since my trip in Florida and have barely made a dent in the container.
via


The same goes for Genifique Eye by Lancome, a little goes a very long way. I dab a tiny amount above my eye lids and under eye area. Once again, using clean hands, I rub gently all around my eye area.

via


I have seen a drastic difference in my face, not only with the way it feels, but the way it looks. My skin is no longer oily or dry. It has gotten rid of imperfections and uneven skin tones and I've even seen a reduction in my under eye circles. I'm not sure if this routine would work for everyone, but oh my word it has worked for me!

What is your routine? Do share!





2 comments

  1. I totally need to get in the habit of taking care of my skin better. I'm not good at it at all! I'm glad you found something that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My skin needs help these days. I am sooo lazy and taking good care of it (that sounds gross - I don't mean it as I don't ever wash my face haha). I'm going to see if some of my drug stores carry that face wash. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger