To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 16, 2013

Weekend Catchup



Well y'all, here we are again on yet another Monday, but no complaints other than the weekend went by way too quickly! My family has their health, as do I, it's almost Fall, and there's much to be happy about! My Aunt Nancy and I have always been close, this weekend however, we truly bonded over some much needed girl time. We stayed up each night til about 1am just talking about the old days and what our future holds, or at least what we think our future holds...it was very nice!
The drive wasn't bad at all, I hit absolutely no traffic in Jacksonville, and even managed to snag a couple cool pics on the drive. I love skylines, even little ones like Jax!


As scared as I am of flying, a plane in the air is about the coolest looking thing if you can get the shot, well the ole iPhone didn't fail me, it actually got a pretty clear shot.

Friday night my aunt and I just hung out at her place. I still had to work that Friday so between getting up early for work, then driving all the way to Florida I was beat, we just chilled with a couple beers and played catch up.

Saturday morning we got up and headed to the mall, which is where I had a lot of my fun. If you don't know by now, I am a shoe person. Love love love them! You can never have enough shoes, right? So when I walked into Dillards shoe plethora, I was in Heaven!
This of course, was after I grabbed my Starbucks.






I managed to purchase three new pairs...

Once I saw these Vince Camuto's I fell in love, but along with that name brand comes a higher price tag, but guess what, I got them for a steal!


If you're interested, they sell them at Dillards.



If you're a Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fan then you probably know that Adrienne Maloof has her own shoe line. The black fabric on these shoes are amazing, they have such a high heel, but still manage to look very classy, and I'm actually wearing them to work today. They were originally $165 at Belk but they were on sale for $65, that is $100 off...sold! Belk was also having an additional sale BOGO on certain brands, so I got a second pair for free, they are so cute and strappy but no pics :(



While shopping the aunt and I had so much fun, being silly trying on glasses, snapping pictures to get a good Christmas/Birthday wish list (needless to say I blew up the hubby's phone this weekend with pictures of things I want).




Christmas Wish List

Christmas Wish List

The mall in Jax has a store called Lush. Some of you have probably heard of their products, but if not, they are all vegan, natural, fresh handmade cosmetics. I personally love their bath bombs which you throw in the tub and not only does it smell divine, but it leaves your skin silky smooth, along with shampoo, conditioner, soap, massage bars, etc. I have always visited their website to see their products but I'm a touch and see kinda girl, so I never purchased. Well with them having an actual store, I got to smell and touch everything and I love them. I purchased two bath bombs.

Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb


The Phoenix Rising smells so good. Just like fall, with hints of apple and cinnamon. Not to mention it turns your bath water pink and sparkly, love!
Butterball
Butterball Bath Bomb


Butterball is one of their most popular. It has a vanilla scent that completely consumes your entire bathroom. Both of these bath bombs leave your skin feeling silky smooth without feeling greasy. I will tell you though, at $6 per bath this is definitely an indulgence, but very much worth it.

They also have massage bars that not only smell good, but are fantastic. My aunt and I both got a massage while in Lush and I could not believe the effect it had on my skin. I have taken two showers since getting the massage and the area I got the massage (right arm) still feels so smooth!


Hottie
Hottie Massage Bar

They have other kinds, but the lady used this on both of us because it is her personal favorite, while on it feels like a regular massage bar, but upon massaging into the skin it starts becoming hot, thus the name, hottie. It felt amazing. This would be perfect for someone who works out and has sore muscles or like me, I type every day of my life for work, she gave me a hand/arm massage, and it truly made a difference.
Once we got back to her home before getting ready for dinner, we both relaxed and painted. Painting is something I love to do, I'm not any good at it, but still enjoy it so much. Since Halloween is right around the corner, I painted the witch, and since my Aunt lives in St. Augustine, she painted the famous St. Augustine lighthouse.


After we finished painting we got ready for dinner at The Melting Pot, which is one of my favorite restaurants. I love the atmosphere, food, and of course, the company was just as nice :)

My aunt lives in St. Augustine, but The Melting Pot is located in Jacksonville, about 30 minutes away, so instead of taking I95 we took my all time favorite highway, A1A, it is literally a highway with hardly any traffic and directly on the beach with million dollar homes, so you are never bored driving/riding this! There is also a castle located on this road, yes, a real castle, I tried the best I could while driving to snag a couple pics. It's called Castle Otttis and was built in the 1980s as an expression of art. You can actually tour the home upon request.





After our long day we indulged in the Melting Pot, and then headed off to a local bar so I could watch my Gamecocks play, sip on some refreshing beverages, and hang out with one of my aunt's guy friends who adores her, the three of us had a blast. My gamecocks won and we had a good ole time!



Bathroom Selfies


OOTD: Black Tank, Skinny Jeans, Adrienne Maloof Stilettos



OOTN: Pink VS Tank, Skinny Jeans, Vince Camuto Pumps

Normally I don't share stories where I get hit on, I just think it makes me seem cocky and I 'm not trying to come off that way, but this one is too funny not to share. My aunt, her guy friend and myself were all three watching the game, while laughing and sharing funny stories. Her guy friend, Trace, looked at me and said I think you have a new friend, I looked over and sitting within 3" of me was this guy smiling and staring. I completely ignored him. Not only am I happily married, but I am a person who likes my personal space, and he was uncomfortably in mine. He smiled, said my name is Winthrop, I'm an entrepreneur, I live in Jacksonville, where do you live? and you're very attractive. I smiled back, told him I wasn't going to waste his time by giving him my name, that being an entrepreneur is slang for "I have no job", that mama always said don't tell strangers where you live, I thanked him for the "very attractive" compliment but I also told him I was "very married". I held up my ring finger, showed my bling, and told him there were a lot of other attractive women in the room, who had nothing on their left hand. Trace and my aunt were laughing hysterically, he got up and walked away. Normally I'm not that mean when this happens, but the fact that he got all up in my area pissed me off! It made for some good laughs though.

Throughout our shopping trip I finally picked up a small bottle of Moroccan Argon Oil that I have heard so much about. After we got home that night I showered, and put just a small amount throughout my hair. I went to sleep and let my hair air dry through the night, when I woke up Sunday morning I straightened my hair, and I could not believe the difference just the small amount of Argon Oil I used made! My hair was silky, smooth, and shiny.


Of course the weekend came to an end so quickly, but I was so ready to see my Princess and the hubs, and Aunt Nancy is coming up to visit us in 3 weeks...countdown is on!

I hope each of you had a great, fun-filled weekend!

xo






1 comment

  1. I love the shoes! I can't believe you got such a great deal on the Adrienne Maloof shoes they are super cute! I do love the Jacksonville skylines! Looks like you had a great weekend. I am stopping by from the weekend update!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger