To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 5, 2013

Smarty Pants



Some times the best photography shots, are the ones that you take on the ole iPhone!
I live here in the South, which means in the summer, we get afternoon storms. I absolutely hate them, and they terrify me to no end, but lightning, in the blackest of skies, can be stunning!

That one little spark was lit all by itself. I thought it was beautiful.

Hector doesn't like storms either, so he's my little thunder buddy!


*****

Due to her birthday, the Princess will not start school until next year, but we work with her on general knowledge skills. (i.e. match, reading, writing) Last night we worked in her math book, and I was absolutely amazed at how much she knew without needing any help at all.

She would do two pages at a time by herself, then I would come back and check/grade them to see, sure enough every.single.answer was right. You don't realize how much they take in at this age.




xo







No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger