To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 9, 2013

Weekend Catchup


Friday night we went to a local seafood restaurant where I had the most delicious shrimp and grits in my life! Y'all, I can't even explain how good they are! Shrimp and Grits are a southern staple, and it's hard to beat fried shrimp and grits that you make at home, but these little babies were spot on!



The view on the drive was breathtaking!



...and the marsh view from the restaurant was even better!


photo courtesy by my little Princess!


one last pic before the sun set!



The booths in the restaurant are surrounded by fish tanks, and this little fella watched us the entire time we ate...



Saturday morning the princess and I attempted an art project I saw on Pinterest a long time ago, here is the picture I saw


Here is how we did it...

We wanted to use girly colors, so I let the princess pick and she came up with a hot pink, light purple and neon green, you'll also need painters tape, a pack of soft brushes pictured here, and two canvases.


Using the painters tape, tape the canvas using diagonal lines, but make sure you match the lines up with the sister canvas, pictured below.


Get your paints ready...


Have fun and paint whatever you want to.


This was the finished product before we pulled the tape off.



...and this is the finished product.


We had so much fun doing this and it turned out so cute to hang in her room!



I love to paint, I wouldn't say I'm any good at it, but I just love to freehand, like my oversized blue crab with his tiny little claws?


Sunday we relaxed, played some basketball and that ended abruptly b/c the hubs got stung by a wasp...which resulted in him complaining about that relentlessly, including this morning. Men can be such the biggest babies, but I sure do love him :)


Sami's Shenanigans


6 comments

  1. I love the art work! I have seen that on pinterest and thought it was cute.
    Check out my blog if you get the chance :)

    mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The art work was a lot of fun to do!

      Delete
  2. I am a huge fan of shrimp & grits, that dish looks delicious! I also love the art project you did with your daughter, such a great idea!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your marsh view from the restaurant looks incredible. The art project is darling :) Great job ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like y'all had a great weekend :) And boys can be the biggest babies. My boyfriend is worthless when he gets sick lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger