To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 23, 2013

Weekend Update



This weekend turned out to be an unplanned, three day weekend. I got home from work Thursday afternoon and just like every day came in and gave the hubs and Cadence a kiss, only for Cadence to feel really warm to the touch. I checked her temp and sure enough 101.2...I asked the sitter, and she had been acting fine all day, no other symptoms. I gave her some Motrin, called my boss and told him I'd be staying home with her on Friday.
Turned out she had a 24 hour stomach bug, that was literally gone by Saturday - thank you Jesus!
Since the Princess was feeling better we played outside and enjoyed our weekend by welcoming Fall the best way we knew how, homemade manis and pedis! I tried my best to attempt small pumpkins on her big toe, and she did her very best painting my toes with a deep candy apple red color by Essie, "skirting the issue." I ended up with just as much on my skin as I did my toenails, but we laughed the entire time, so it was very much worth it. Nothing a little polish remover can't take off.
I'm loving the color on my hands, also by Essie, "Over the Edge", which is a dark gray, and if you ask me, perfect for Fall without being too overpowering like black.




Cadence & Hector...they had both just woken up from a nap...precious!
I used my very last Lush Bath Bomb that I purchased, it was a very bittersweet moment because I have come to love their products, and seeing as how the nearest store is 2.5 hours away, well it's a bit sad. I used the butterball bath bomb, and I held in my hand so you could see how big they really are. I also took a picture once I dropped it in the tub, so you could see how well it works, and it starts to fizz instantly once it hits the water. It completely evaporates in the water and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth, like you have covered your body with lotion, and lasts that way for days!

I may be a little late on this app, but thought I'd share for all you fellow monogram lovers out there! The app is simply called Monograms and can be downloaded free at the app store. "woo-hoo"!
This is the lovely background I have for my phone currently, but the app is so easy to maneuver that I can change the background within a second.

I had some leftover chalkboard paint that I had purchased when I did a homemade chalkboard a while back, so I put it to good use and painted the bottom panel of Cadence's bedroom door, this way it would be perfectly acceptable to color on her door now that there is a chalkboard on it. Her excuse in the past is that she was making her bedroom beautiful :)



This weekend we have a local pageant that she is going to be in, and a possible zoo trip...hope each of you had a great weekend, and don't forget that the winner was announced this morning to my first giveaway, was it you? Click Here!





3 comments

  1. What a cute background on your phone. My blackberry SUCKS haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving gray too for fall as well as navy!
    ~Krista
    kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love the picture of Cadence and your kitty! SO CUTE. My cat would be off asleep somewhere. Also, I looked for the app and about 5 different apps came up under "Monogram" is it just "Monogram Lite"?

    -Christina
    www.christinascaboodle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger