To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 6, 2013

The Friday Five



one.
If you have a kid, then you have probably heard of "Elf on the Shelf". If you have not, then you better get on the ball because my little gal looks forward to this every Christmas season. It's basically where you buy the book, which comes with the Elf, you name him, and each night when your little one goes to sleep, he flies to the North Pole and tells Santa how you acted that day, whether good or bad.
When your little one wakes in the morning the elf is in a new hiding spot for them to find. We named our little elf, Olly. We have so much fun with this and look forward to the morning seek session all throughout December.
Well, get excited, because Elf on the Shelf is now coming out with a birthday version!
Elf on The Shelf Birthday!! Available October 22, 2013
Just in time for the Princess's birthday!
two.
Thought I'd share some Elf on the Shelf pics from last year...
The day Olly brought her coal.
The night Olly built and decorated his very own house for Christmas.
I am beyond ready for that little Elf to come back!
three.
Toy Story 3, do not watch this unless you are prepared to cry. Me, a grown woman, balled like a baby last night watching this movie! If you haven't seen it though, it's so good!
four.
EVERYTHING gets a MONOGRAM!!!
This basically sums up my life! Gotta love a monogram!
five.
As obsessed as I am with 50 Shades of Grey, I have yet to devote an entire blog post on it, this may come later, for now though, let's talk about Charlie Hunnam playing Christian Grey. I have too many preconceived thoughts of him since I'm a huge fan of Sons of Anarchy, which starts next Tuesday BTW! He has dingy long hair and is a "bad boy" on the show.
However, good ole Pinterest leads me to believe, he might can pull it off...
Charlie Hunnam
Charlie Hunnam
So, what do you think?


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger