To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 10, 2013

America's Oldest City



This Friday when I get off of work I'm heading down to visit my aunt in her beautiful hometown, and one of my personal favorite places to visit, St. Augustine, Florida. The fam and I try to visit her twice a year, however with my mom being in the hospital earlier this year, my aunt has come up quite a few times instead. Well this girl wanted a little get-a-way, and why not go and visit one of my favorite gals, my Aunt Nancy. She is beautiful, both inside and out. We always have so much fun together and St. Augustine has a lot to offer.

The history of the town, with it's culture, historic sites, ghost tours and city tours, along with
 St. George Street shopping and all of the local thrift shops, it's such an amazing place to visit.

I'm driving down this Friday, and I plan on taking A1A, it's a beautiful stretch of highway right on the ocean, so the view never gets boring, and the houses are stunning to look at.



I miss driving by the St. Augustine lighthouse every day! #home #beach
The hubs and I climbed to the top of this lighthouse last Summer, in the dead of August, it was hot and miserable, but the top was beautiful. They say the lighthouse is haunted, we didn't see anything though, thank God!

St. Augustine Florida
images via




I am beyond excited and Friday can't get here soon enough!









1 comment

  1. oh my goodness, that lighthouse is stunning. What a fabulous feat. I'm sure the view was breathtaking. Fab post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger