To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 3, 2013

Weekend Catch Up


Hometown football game Friday night, where my little cheerleader worked her pom poms!





This is one of her little besties, aren't they just precious? I love how serious my child is in this picture with that pom pom!


...and of course it wouldn't be a football game without a trip to the snow cone stand!


My aunt came into town this weekend and we spent some quality time together. Her and I have become really close over the last two years and we always have a fun time together with her, my mom and I, this weekend was no different.

We hit some old antique shops and cute boutiques in downtown Savannah, along with some local thrift shops. We cooked out at my parents house on Saturday and my sister came over to hang out for a little while, which is where we got some pictures for the photo albums, take a look...


It started off with a pretty picture. Check out my sisters poofy hair and my barefeet #classy


Then we went into the duck face, which clearly my mom and aunt have no clue what a duck face is.


Which led to this, I'm telling you, we are some classy people.
My aunt told me not to put this on the blog, naturally I had to!


In two weeks I'm heading down to visit her in her home state of Florida, I can't wait.







The rest of the weekend we enjoyed our time with my aunt, did some swimming and more picture taking. Of course the work week snuck up on us and here we are again. Thankfully it's only a 4 day work week, so hopefully it won't drag too bad.

xo




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger