To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 14, 2013

Even Google knows whatsup! I'm 27 ya'll!



This morning Google had a little surprise for me

How awesome is that? I'm know everyone gets this if they have a Google account, but I thought it was so neat! #ItDoesntTakeMuch #EasilyAmused


Saturday morning we went to our local pumpkin patch, where we let Cadence play and have fun, and we also picked our pumpkins. I haven't downloaded all of the pics off the Nikon yet, but here are some pictures of us on the hayride, and pumpkin decorating.




Saturday night the hubs took me out for my birthday, and we went to my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot, where they surprised me with this whip cream and strawberry filled pound cake with chocolate drizzle...amazing does not come close to how yummy this was!


I may have to fake my birthday the next time we go just to get this!

The Melting Pot is in downtown Savannah, where they are filming SpongeBob 2 The Movie right now. All of Broughton Street is decorated with Bikini Bottom themed restaurants and shops, palm trees and water themed everything, there were signs like this everywhere and we even caught a little bit of filming, but the iPhone did not capture a good enough picture to post of that. #Ugh


We had to turn around due to traffic at one point at a back road outside of Savannah, which is where we saw 30+ goats running around, I kid you not, this happened, only about 10 minutes away from Downtown Savannah! #CantMakeThisUp



After dinner we went and spent some time with our friends, and let's just say that Emily and my husband both acted like children...but they had a blast, even this happened...


The hubs was laughing so hard when he fell he couldn't pick himself up, Daniel tried to help, but turns out the hubs is a little too heavy for that, he is 6'3 after all.

Sunday morning we went to pick up Cadence from my Mother-In-Law, who was also having a yard sale, where I snagged this little gem up from her stash, it now looks perfect on my entry table, filled with scented decorations and small faux pumpkins, perfect for Fall!


We enjoyed the rest of our Sunday afternoon outside, where Cadence felt it completely appropriate to wear 2 tutu's, an oversized crown, princess gloves, and dance around the yard like a ballerina.


#ShesGotHerDadsSenseOfStyle #LoveHer


Off to work...






2 comments

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger