To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 7, 2013

Weekend Catchup


Friday night my aunt came into town. We spent the night catching up with my mom and relaxing at home. Saturday morning we were off to our local festival where we watched the parade, which Cadence loved! She donned her sash and crown, as she was representing her town!

Mom and Cadence

Cadence and Hector


Aunt Nancy and Cadence


Saturday night my dad had a party at his house, where he invited all his friends and we invited ours too. Two Vodka Cranberry's later, I was feeling fine, playing football with the boys, and having a blast.

Yesterday was Sunday Funday. We spent time with my sister and her family by cooking out, time at our house decorating for fall (pics to come) and playing outside with Hector. Grocery shopping and getting prepared for the work week.

As always, weekends come and go by too quickly! This Monday though isn't too bad, I bought some super cute items for Cadence from Gymboree, and I just got the email that they have arrived! (pics to come) Happy Monday friends!




2 comments

  1. I just love your little girl and her precious little sash! Proud and sassy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger