To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 29, 2013

Lunchtime Funnies



Yesterday my sitter had a doctor's appointment so my sister kept Cadence for me. Earlier that morning the hubs took her to get her flu shot, so I FaceTime'd my sister to check on Cadence, here are some cute screen shots from our conversation!



I read a quote on instagram yesterday that stated, "life is what happens while you're on your smart phone". It hit me like a ton of bricks that we are in such a social media world. Don't get me wrong, I spend quality time with my family daily, but a lot of that is with the phone in my hand. Whether it's glancing at FB, scrolling through instagram, or snapchatting friends. As of last night we made a new rule for our household. After 7pm, phone's down unless there is an important call or text that has to be made. We will spend that time with the 3 of us, playing games, watching movies, sipping hot chocolate, decorating for the Holidays, crafting, whatever it may be.

To get started with this new rule I stopped yesterday and purchased two new games for our family. My personal childhood favorite, Cootie, and a new game I have never seen, Fibber.

We had such a great time!


Cooties from L to R: Hubs, Cadence, Me (needless to say, I lost!)


Last night I played around with my hair and mastered the Lady Gaga inspired hair bow.
It was fairly easy and super cute for a Halloween hairdo if you just want to be playful come Thursday.


Trust me, this is not something I would wear for a night out, but Cadence loves Hello Kitty, and would this not be perfect to match with that Halloween "Hello Kitty" outfit?

*****

God willing we will be able to do Halloween this year. Our little Princess woke up this morning with a stuffy/runny nose and slept terrible last night because she was so stuffy. The weather here cannot make it's mind up, so hopefully that is the cause.








1 comment

  1. She looks just like you! I love the no phone after 7 rule, we need that at our house!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger