To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 28, 2013

Weekend Recap


Our weekend was jam packed with fun stuff and thanks to the good ole iPhone I'm here to recap with lots of pictures! Friday night we headed to Savannah and ate at Carrabbas, which is by far our favorite Italian restaurant. I know that it is a franchise and you wouldn't think it would be outstanding, but their food is amazing! Living in a tourist area like Savannah and being so close to Charleston, there are tons of authentic Italian restaurants and let me tell you, they don't even come close to being as good as Carrabbas!

Cadence's favorite are the mozzarella strips...





We had to stop by Krispy Kreme while they had their Halloween decorated donuts!




Perfect way to finish off our Friday night!

Saturday we headed off to a local Fall Festival which had games and tons of fun things for children to do. Cadence thoroughly enjoyed herself, how about her fall outfit?!











Saturday afternoon Cadence went and stayed with her grandmother while the hubs and I went target shooting with my sister and her husband.


We finished off the weekend by going to the mall, which is where we saw the most glorious sight: Christmas decorations going up! I am the type of person who does not at all mind putting up Christmas décor early. I don't skip over Holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, then Christmas, I get that, but there is still something so fun about decorating for Christmas more so than any other Holiday! I love it! I may or may not have stopped by Pier One and purchased Christmas decorations...



After seeing the Christmas decorations in the mall, along with my Pier One purchases, the Christmas spirit was definitely in our household. So I went ahead and did a Christmas craft with the family, homemade ornaments!

1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cinnamon (for scent)
1/4 cup water (give or take)

Knead until a dough forms, if too sticky add more flour. Roll out onto a floured surface and then cut into your favorite Christmas shapes. We also did one of Cadence's hand to turn into Santa! Make sure to use a straw to make a small hole on the top of each this way you can put a ribbon through to hang onto your tree.

Bake at 200 for 3 hours. Let cool, then paint.




This was such a fun craft to do and so easy to make! I had all of the ingredients on hand, and they smell absolutely wonderful!

Follow Christmas all Year









2 comments

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend with your family! Those are the best kinds of weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fall! krispy kreme! christmas!
    COULD THERE BE A MORE PERFECT WEEKEND!!!?!
    ;)

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger