To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 4, 2013

Friday Five



THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
{one}
My new entry table is complete. My wonderful father-in-law built it to my dimensions, I stained and then decorated, what do you think?



{two}

The local highschool team my nephew plays for had their game on live TV last night, and here is Dean on the big screen :)



{three}

My aunt is coming up from Florida today to visit with us and enjoy our local home town festival this weekend. I am beyond ready to see her face and spend some QT with her.

{four}

I fell in love with these boots as soon as I saw them off the Kohls website. They are originally $99, but are on sale right now for $75, the hubs was a sweetheart and bought these babies for me last night for my upcoming birthday! He's the best!

Elle - Over the Knee Wedge Boot in Mushroom
{five}
I am a breast cancer advocate, and with October being Breast Cancer Awareness month I want to remind everyone to support any way you can! Purchase pink logo'd items where proceeds go towards breast cancer foundations, where pink to show your support, go get those boobies checked girls!
Do what you can, because every little bit helps.
xo


2 comments

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger